Sunday, April 25, 2010

DIY OTW


This week was the very first week I have been posting OTW's and I saved the best for last, because Sundays will be DIY of the week!

I absolutely love reading DIY books and websites. I don't always make the projects, but they totally look fun. I figure I'll do a nice mix of DIY's-- some will be projects I find online and some will be DIY projects of my own. :)



DIY of the Week:



Chalk Board Gift Tags!

Since this is the first week I'm doing a DIY post, I thought I'd do something pretty easy. I found this idea at www.robomargo.com which has tons and tons of "Do It Yourself" projects. It's a really cool and creative idea, especially for those on a budget. Imagine your family and friends reaction if you were to attach this to their present? And what's extra neat is that it can be used for other things like labels or notes.

Needed:
  • Formica Samples (Lowe's, Home Depot)




  • Chalk Board Spray (Lowe's, Home Depot)



The instructions are so easy and fast, all you have to do is spray the Formica Sample with the Chalk Board paint. Let it dry. And coat a few times. When people ask you how you did it, tell them it's quite difficult, and really hard to teach. That way it looks like you worked very hard and you will always be the only one with chalk board gift tags! ;)

xoxo
e.m.


images via www.homedepot.com and www.robomargo.com

2 comments:

  1. Dude, does that mean if I put enough coats on a wall I can end up with a chalkboard on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, probably. But I think you'd have to own the house to do that. But you can put it on tables and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete