Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mean Girls

Remember the movie Mean Girls? I watched it twice when it was still in the movie theaters. That's how much I liked it. That's how much I liked Lindsay Lohan. To me, she had everything. How a person can throw away a career like that, I'll never know.

I don't doubt for a second that the industry is hard, but once you break into it, and your career is taking off, why would you ruin that for parties and drugs? If you're lucky enough to get movie roles and record deals, nothing should take priority over your career.

Some people work their asses off to get into the business, to make one good movie or one hit record, but they never do. Instead, time and money is wasted on someone who won't make the most of it. The sad thing is, it's only been six years since that movie came out. But six years in Hollywood is a lifetime.

But I'm not going to go on and on about Lindsay's pathetic career, because she doesn't even deserve to be written about in my blog, let alone any other blog (hint hint Perez!) or any news outlet whatsoever. I'll write about her when she gets a decent movie and gets her life together. (So, I guess I'll never be writing about her again. Ha!)

At least Rachel McAdams (The Notebook, Sherlock Holmes), Lizzy Caplan (True Blood, Party Down, Hot Tub Time Machine), Lacey Chabert (Ghosts of Girlfriends Pasts, and many projects for 2010) and Amanda Seyfried (what movie has she NOT been in?), took their careers seriously and are still getting steady and amazing acting opportunities. Props to them.

xoxo
e.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment