Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stoked for Love



Reality matchmaking shows are not my thing. I tried The Bachelor but I just couldn't get into it. I believe a handful of contestants on dating shows actually want love, but more often than not, they're just wanting fame. 

Lately previews for Ready For Love have been all over TV and the first thing that caught my attention was that the featured lead singer of one of my all time favorite bands Plain White T's, Tim Lopez,  (sang lead on Rhythm Of Love) will be searching for the one on this new NBC dating show.

The second part that caught my attention is how real it seems to be. In one preview producer Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives) talks about why this show is different. The reason it's different is that they hired the top three matchmakers in the country versus hiring casting agents like other shows. I think that's amazing because they're not casting "parts", like who's going to be the "drama queen" or "America's sweetheart". 

Basically, I'm super stoked for Ready For Love, it looks romantic, sweet, and most importantly, REAL. Although, since my brother was on Catfish: The TV Show and I saw a lot of stuff behind the scenes, I also realize that reality television is never what it seems. For a deeper look into this upcoming series, watch the video below.





No comments:

Post a Comment